APRIL 6, 2020
BRESSI RANCH PET HOSPITAL UPDATED COVID-19 PROCEDURES
To all our clients,
We hope you are staying well and staying safe. We want to communicate an update to our procedures and policies in accordance with CDC guidelines to continue keeping you and our staff safe, and to continue doing our part to help reduce the spread of Coronavirus, while still providing expert care to all your pets.
– We aim to continue offering a full range of services throughout these social distancing and stay at home times, with a few necessary exceptions and adapted consultation procedures.
– Our office hours remain the same: We are still open 7 days a week: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
– For everyone’s safety, we are now offering curbside appointments only. Please remain outside, preferably in your car, and telephone us (at 760-931-8431) when you arrive at your scheduled appointment time. Please have your dog leashed and/or your cat in its carrier when you arrive for easier transferring of your pets. Observing social distance guidelines, a staff member will come outside to help you and retrieve your pet. The doctor will then ring you at the beginning of your appointment to start the appointment. We will return your pet to you in the same manner when the appointment is over. Should a follow-up be needed, the doctor will call you in your car to communicate with you.
– When picking up food and medications, please call from your vehicle upon your arrival and a staff member will further assist you.
– Our online store, linked to the clinic website, is open. Here is the link to purchase from there: https://bressiranchph.vetsfirstchoice.com/.
– We plan to continue with routine appointments and wellness checks in addition to all other urgent and necessary services, as long as we can keep maintaining social distancing.
– The exception are elective surgeries: in keeping with recommendations from the American Veterinary Association, and in order to conserve PPE (personal protective equipment), as with human hospitals, we need to postpone elective surgeries until further notice.
– We ask that clients please reschedule or cancel appointments if you or a family member who lives with you is ill, especially if you or they have any symptoms of cold or flu.
– As stated in our previous Covid-19 letter, we are continuing our disinfecting practices and are ensuring that our staff stays away if they show signs of being ill.
– We also want to let you know that we are aware of the very recent article about the tiger at the New York zoo contracting the coronavirus. At this stage there is no evidence to suggest that your pets are in any danger. We are monitoring the situation and we will be sure to notify you, should anything change.
– We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we try to navigate through these challenging circumstances. As always, we thank you for your continued support and loyalty.
– If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Staff and doctors at Bressi Ranch Pet Hospital